How Exfoliation Works
Your skin naturally sheds millions of skin cells every day, but this shedding process can come to a screeching halt due to sun damage, genetics, or various skin disorders. The not-too-pretty results are unmistakable: dull, dry, or flaky skin; clogged, enlarged pores; blackheads; white bumps (milia); wrinkles; loss of firmness; and uneven skin tone.
When you finally gently get rid of the built up skin cells, you can unclog pores, stop breakouts, smooth wrinkles, and even make dry, dull skin a thing of the past!
Exfoliation is the cosmetic practice of removing dead skin cells from the epidermis, the top layer of the skin.
In this picture I have one of my clients skin ready for exfoliation. I am using an organic Body scrub by http://www.loveatfirsttouch.org A Mint Body Scrub is the best way to indulge all types of skin, because it is refreshing and it nourishes the skin. After applying, skin is radiant and elastic. It’s also kind of tingly, so you will find this scrub more interesting than any other before!
FYI – Mint Body Scrub also great when it comes to skin care. Refreshing and soothing ingredient for the skin. While mint is a good antiseptic and anti-pruritic material, mint is an excellent skin cleanser. It soothes skin, and helps to cure infections and itchiness, as well as being a good way to reduce pimples. Mint helps control acne. Highly recommend for Teens!
How To Exfoliate:
Before exfoliating, I recommend to first splash some water on the face or body so the skin can better absorb the product you’re applying. Do not exfoliate skin dry; it’s too rough and will ultimately irritate the skin. Warm water also softens up the pores, so you can get a good, deep clean.
The shedding process of scrubbing off dead skin cells reveals and exposes fresher, more youthful skin. The process keeps the skin clean as too many dead skin cells can clog pores and cause acne, ingrown hairs and wrinkles
Is it Possible to Exfoliate Too Often?
Exfoliating your skin is great, but it is possible to overdo it, and your skin will tell you if you’ve gone too far. For some people, once or twice a day works best; for others every other day, or even once a week—experiment to see what works best for you.
A few of my favorite body scrubs brands, you definitely need to test them out!
- St. Ives is one of the best and cheapest body scrubs you can find. It has a beautiful smell and it is particularly good for oily skin.
- Arbonne Awaken Sea Salt Scrub will definitely bring back the shine to your skin
- Red Flower Japan’s Ohana Gingergrass Bamboo Scrub is definitely one of those, what they call, luxury body scrubs. The luxurious moment comes from teeny granules that exfoliate your skin.
- Murad Activating Body Scrub is one of the best scrubs on the market. It influences all the imperfections on the skin and leaves buffed and softened skin behind. Also, it stimulates circulation and therefore enhances skin detoxification.
- Dead Sea Bath Salts: Ahava come with various scents and ingredients. One thing is common for all of them, though- they all have salt from Israeli’s Dead Sea. And when it comes to body scrubs, the best ones contain 100 % salt from The Dead Sea. People who have skin problems such as psoriasis go to the Dead Sea because of these salts. Ahava’s bath salts are therefore very good to your skin and we would recommend them any time.
- Bliss Vanilla and Bergamot Body Scrub is another spa body scrub you should use. Bliss Vanilla has the best smell ever.
- Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub is one of the best scrubs for quick showers or long baths. So it doesn’t matter if you have 5 minutes or half an hour, this scrub will be effective! Sugar Scrub is gently exfoliating your skin while leaving it smooth and hydrated. It is also an aromatherapy blend of oils and natural ingredients which benefits your skin, but also- your mind! It’s like meditation and body scrub in one.
Have a question about a product I’ve reviewed, or is there something you’d like me to review? I welcome your questions, comments and suggestions, and I’ll get back to you soon! Please contact Liz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find me on Snapchat ! LOOK FOR: lizskincare
There you keep up with the latest news and behind the scenes action before everybody else. See you there! 😉 Please “like” & share!
I hope you found post helpful.
Best skin care wishes.