Having dry or oily skin can affect a lot in your life in multiple ways, so here I am to save you 🙂
Having dry skin could not only mean you could have a skin problem, but it could cause break outs, ugly looking skin and could make your makeup look patchy. As for oily skin, too much oil can cause acne also and make your face look greasy.
What is dry skin? Dry skin that naturally produces little or no oil and is what causes the skin to be dry and flaky.
What is oily skin? Skin that produces oil will have large pores and the skin is shiny or greasy.
For dry skin:
Here is how to prevent bath/ showers to affect your skin even more:
Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes
Use warm rather than hot water
Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser
Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil
Pat your skin gently dry with a towel
Put on the moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
2. Apply moisturizer immediately after washing. Ointments, creams, and lotions work by trapping existing moisture in your skin.
3. Use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion. Ointments and creams are more effective and less irritating than lotions. (olive oil or jojoba oil work best).
4. Lip balm. Choose a lip balm that feels good on your lips. Some healing lip balms can irritate your lips, if when you apply your lip balm it stings than you need a better option.
5. Use only gentle, unscented skin care products. Some skin care products are too harsh for dry, sensitive skin.
6. Wear hand sanitizer or gloves a lot. Our hands are usually dry from the things we do all day.
7. Choose non-irritating clothes and laundry detergent. When our skin is dry clothes and laundry detergent can be irritating.
8. Add moisture to the air. Plug in a humidifier. If you can check your home heating system, find out if you have a humidifier on the system — and whether it’s working.
For Oily Skin:
- Wash your face twice a day, once in the morning and before bed. Don’t wash a lot because over-washing can strip your skin of all the natural moisturizers and increase oil production.
- Use a cleanser. If you need something stronger, look for ingredients made for oily skin.
- Don’t scrub your face because it can stimulate oil production.
- If you have oil build up in between facial washings, use a medicated pad or blotting paper to remove excess oil.
- Oily skin still needs to be moisturized, so look for water based or oil-free moisturizers and stay away from creams and heavy moisturizers.
- When choosing foundation and other make-up, pick those with gel, liquid or powder bases. If using a liquid make-up make sure it is water based, not oil based. Makeup labeled “noncomedongenic” contain ingredients that won’t clog your pores.
- Exfoliate once a week to help loosen and remove dirt and oil in your pores.
- Don’t pick, pop or squeeze pimples because it will cause scarring and leave red spots on your face.
Health and Beauty tips
2200 SW 16 ST Suite 224 Miami, FL 33145
Please “like” & share! Thank you!
I hope you’ve found some of my tips helpful!
FOR LIVE ACTION, FOLLOW ME ON SNAPCHAT: lizskincare
BEST SKINCARE WISHES LIZ SKINCARE