Biotin, is it worth it?
Biotin is helpful to many body functions. Vitamin B7 is used by the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and amino acids. It is also vital for the normal growth of fetuses. Many people take biotin supplements to increase the health or growth of their skin, hair and nails.
Here are some quick facts about Biotin:
• Biotin is a form of vitamin B, present in many foods and available as a supplement.
• Biotin is sold under many names, including Appearex, vitamin B7, vitamin H, biotina, biotine, and coenzyme R.
• Many multivitamins and B-vitamin supplements also contain biotin.
• Biotin works by breaking down food into sugar that your body can use for energy.
• Biotin a major helper for healthy skin and nails, and it also keeps your eyes, liver, and nervous system working properly.
• Healthy hair: Biotin has been proven to make hair grow faster, thicker, and stronger. You can actually see the results in a month or two. There’s also evidence showing that biotin can improve the health of your hair even if you’re not deficient.
• Strong nails: It makes your nails grow faster and stronger.
• Stretch marks removal: Biotin makes your skin healthier and helps get rid of stretch marks. Skin: Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our skin.
• Acne: Biotin may cause acne break outs if not taken carefully with the procedures I will mention below.
• Side Effects: Biotin is not stored in your body. Although biotin deficiency is rare, it can develop during pregnancy or in people who have poor nutrition or experience rapid weight loss. Symptoms of biotin deficiency include hair loss, dry skin, a scaly rash around the eyes or mouth, dry eyes, fatigue, and depression.
How to take the pills:
• You should only take ONE pill per day
• Drink lots and lots of water
• Have a good meal before drinking the pill and eat well throughout the day.
In my opinion, Biotin works great and has helped my hair grow immensely. All you have to is be cautious of how many you take daily and how much you eat. It is also important to stay hydrated and getting that amazing glow in your hair that will make your face stand out even more. Imagine having the perfect skin feel with awesome hair!
Best skin care wishes! – Liz Skincare 🙂